Question 1. Fill in the blanks:
Q.1 Humans reproduce sexually.
Q.2 Humans are viviparous
Q.3 Fertilization is internal in humans.
Q.4 Male and female gametes are haploid.
Q.5 Zygote is diploid.
Q.6 The process of release of ovum from a mature follicle is called ovulation.
Q.7 Ovulation is induced by a hormone called Luteinizing hormone
Q.8 The fusion of male and female gamete is called fertilization.
Q.9 Fertilization takes place in Fertilization takes place in ampullary isthmus in fallopian tube.
Q.10 Zygote divides to form which is implanted in uterus. Ans. Blastocyst
Q.11 The structure which provides vascular connection between foetus and uterus is umbilical cord.
Questions 2 Choose the correct answer Question
1. Fertilization is related by: (a) Realizing & gamete cells from gonad (b) Transfer of male gametophyte to female gamete (c) Fusion of male and female sex organs (d) Fusion of nucleus of male gametes and nucleus of female gamete.
Answer: (d) Fusion of nucleus of male gametes and nucleus of female gamete.
Q.2 Cleavage is a process of fertilized egg, in which egg. (a) Does not divide, but grows in sizes (b) Divides continuously but does not grow in size (C) Divided continuously and grows in size (d) None of these.
Answer: (b) Divides continuously but does not grow in size
Question 3. Foetal membranes provide: (a) Protection of embryo (b) Nutrition to embryo (c) Protection and nutrition to embryo (d) None of these.
Answer: (c) Protection and nutrition to embryo
Question 4. Science of ageing is called: (a) Chronology (b) Odontology (c) Gynecology (d) Gerontology.
Answer: (d) Gerontology
Question 5 Humanis: (a) Oviparous (b) Viviparous (C) Ovoviviparous (d) None of these Answer: (b) Viviparous
Question 6: Periodic cycle is: (a) Of menstrual phase (b) Of estrogen secretion (c) Of fertilization (d) None of these
Answer (a) Of menstrual phase
Question 7. The part of the human body shows regeneration is: (i) Spleen (b) Kidney (c) Brain (d) Liver
Answer (d) Liver
Question 8. Fertilization in mammals occurs in: (a) Oviduct funnel (b) Fallopian tubule (c) Uterus (d) Vagina.
Answer: (b) Fallopian tubule
Question 9. Sertoli cells are found in: (a) Testes of Earthworm (b) Testes of Frog (c) Testes of Mammals (d) Testes of Cockroach
Answer: (a) Testes of Earthworm
Question 10 Implantation is the process in which (a) Fertilization of egg (b) Movement of egg (c) Disappear of egg (d) Blastosyst is formed by uterus.
Answer: (a) Fertilization of egg Question
11 Seminiferous tubule is found in:’ (a) In testes (b) In ovary (C) In kidney (d) In lungs.
Answer in One Word/Sentence:
1. How many sperms will be produced from 24 spermatocytes during spermatogenesis ? Ans. 96
2. Where does fertilization takes place in mammals ?
Ans. Fallopian tube
3. Write the name of various phases of embryogenesis.
4. How many polar bodies are formed during the formation of one gamete?
Ans. Blastula and Gastrula Infant, 4.3
5. Write die name of three layers of gastrula.
Ans. Ectoderm, mesoderm and endodenn.
6. How many polar bodies are formed during the formation of ovum during oogenesis?
7. Name the substance formed in sperms and which helps the sperms to enter into ovum.
8. How many sperms and ova are formed from 100 primary spermatocytes and primary oocyte respectively?
9. Name the part of sperm secreting enzyme for the entrance of sperms into ovum.
10. Name the organ where corpus luteum is formed.
11. Write the duration of gestation period in human cases.
Ans. 240 days
12. How many autosomes are found in human sperm ?
13. Where is corpus luteum formed ?
14. Name the developmental stage of man in which it is transplanted of uterus wall.
15. Name the process of release of ovum from graafian follicle.
Very Short Question (2 Marks)
Q.1 Explain menarchy or menopause.
Q.2 Give composition of seminal plasma.
Q.3 What is the position of fallopian tubule in female reproductive organs? What are their significance?
Short Question Answer ( 3 Marks)
Q.1 Draw the labelled diagram of male reproductive organ.
Q.2 Write two major functions each of Testis and Ovary.
Long Question/Answer (5 Marks)
Q.1 Distinguish between the spermatogenesis and oogenesis.
Q.2 Write down the secondary sexual characteristics of humans.
Q.3 What is spermatogenesis? Briefly describe the process of spermatogenesis.
Q.4 Draw a labelled diagram of human sperm and explain its deferent parts.
Q.5 What is menstrual cycle? Which hormones regulate menstrual cycle