CHAPTER-1 SOLID STATE
Q.1 Choose the correct answer (each 1 marks)
1 If co-ordination number of 𝑪𝒔 + is 8 in CsCI then co-ordination number of 𝑪𝒍 −𝒊𝒐𝒏 is : (a) 8 (b) 4 (C) 6 (d) 12.
2. An example of a hexagonal crystal is (a) Diamond (b) Graphite (c) Salt (d) Water.
3. Wax example of : (a) Ionic solids (b) Covalent Solid (c) Metallic Solid (d) Amorphous solid
4. Number of atoms in a body-centered cubic unit cell of a monoatomic substance is: (a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (4)
5. Radius ratio limit for tetrahedral symmetry is : (a) 0.155 (b) 0.414 (c) 0.732 (d) 0.225.
6. If a electron is present in place of anion in crystal lattice, then it is called (a) Frenkel defect (b) Schottky defect (c) Interstitial defects (d) F-centre
Q.2 Answer in one word/sentence:
1 Write the radius ratio of the tetrahedral voids.
2. What is the effect of heat on the conductivity of a metallic conductor?
3. What is coordination number.
4. What is known as unit cell ?
5. What is effect on the density of a substance or crystal due to the Schottky defect?
6. What is doping
QUESTION FOR 2 MARKS
1. Explain Mole Fraction?
2. Define Molarity ?
3. Define Normality ?
4. What is colligative property?
5. What is semipermeable membrane ?
QUESTION FOR 3 MARKS
1. What is osmosis, osmotic pressure and homogeneous solution?
2. State any three difference between Ideal solution and Non ideal solution.
3. Find the Molality of pure water. 𝑯𝟐𝑶 = 𝟏𝟖
4. What is osmotic pressure ?
5. State Henry’s law and mention some important applications.
6. Why is glycol and water mixture used in car radiators in cold countries
QUESTION FOR 5 MARKS
Q.1 (A) Explain Kohlrausch’s law. (B) The molar conductivity of 0.025 𝒎𝒐𝒍 𝑳 −𝟏 methanoic acid is 46.15 𝑺 𝒄𝒎𝟐 𝒎𝒐𝒍 −𝟏 . Calculate degree of dissociation and dissociation constant.
Q.2 What is standard hydrogen electrode ? How is it prepared ?
Q.3 What is Electro Chemical Series and write Characteristics?
Q.4 What is molar conductivity? Write the effect of dilution on different conductions.
Q.5 What is the specific conductivity and cell constant. And what is the relationship between them?
Q.6 Conductivity of 0.00241M acetic acid is 𝟕. 𝟖𝟗𝟔 × 𝟏𝟎 −𝟓𝑺 𝒄𝒎−𝟏 . Calculate its molar conductivity and if 𝜦𝒎 𝟎 for acetic acid is 𝟑𝟗𝟎. 𝟓 𝑺 𝒄𝒎𝟐 𝒎𝒐𝒍 −𝟏 , what is its dissociation constant ?
CHAPTER-4 CHEMICAL KINETICS
Fill in the blanks (each 1 marks)
Q.1 The value of 𝒕𝟏/𝟐 for the first order reaction is ——–.
Q.2 The constant Rate of reaction depend on the ……
Q.3 Molecularity is always a …….
Q.4 Fast reactions are completed in less than ………………… seconds.
Answer in one word[marks each]
Q.1 Write an example for the reaction of zero order.
Q.2 Who gave the law of mass proportional reaction
Q.3 Write the unit of rate constant for the second order of reaction.
Short Answer (3 Marks)
Q.1 what is the half life period of the reaction. Write an expression
Q.2 Explain any three differences in the rate and rate constant of the reaction.
Q.3 What is the order of the reaction? Explain the different types of order.
Q.4 What is the molecularity? Write two differences in the order and molecularity of the reaction.
Q.5 What is the first order of reaction ? write an expression.
Q.6 Write the unit of rate constant of the first, second and third order of reaction